feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

The summer begins (officially)

Labels: , , , ,

Hi all.. Hmm well, through this blog I hope to communicate to everyone interested, the progress of my GSoC Project, still untitlted (you could help there) project. The idea is to make a functional "Natural Language + Voice User Interface for openSUSE Desktop" (the abstract can be viewed here).

So here I am with a replaced motherboard and upgraded RAM in my laptop, all gung-ho to start my first dream project.. And at this very moment, I need some help :P

The project is about making a software layer which lets a computer understand a user's commands in a natural language (through text or speech), which is why I'd like some people to give in a sample of their natural language commands. To give a clue, if I could give commands to your computer in English, I'd say things like this --

1. "Privately message Nihar Joshi on Google Talk"
2. "Enqueue all the Coldplay songs in the player"

I do have a basic strategy in place to understand such commands, the first step being a parser, after which an application-specific analyzer will convert such a command to a bash command (which can be executed directly on a Linux platform). However, since commands in a natural language like English can be of a very wide variety and my strategy might be suffering from a lack of perspective, I'd like to take inputs from several sources to test my strategy.

Imagine that you do have such a system working on your computer, what kind of commands would you like to give to your computer in English? Please don't restrict yourself to my examples and try to think of all routine desktop activities you perform on your computer. Should you prefer anonymity you can mail me your list at mohit.verma.in@gmail.com with subject "GSoC help".

Cheers and looking forward to your support, (support open source, thats what good guys do :P )



1 comments:
gravatar
Anirban said...
May 28, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

God.

Post a Comment